Guide to Fixing Half Images on a Panasonic Plasma TV
Have you ever experienced watching your favorite TV show on your Panasonic plasma TV when suddenly the images becomes half of what they are supposed to be? This issue can be really upsetting and we’ve heard plenty of customers complain about such problems before.
So if you’re confident in doing a little bit of DIY you can follow a few of the steps below. However if you’re not in living in Sydney, you can give us a call right now 1300 899 963 and we can take care of it all.
So here’s some steps you can take if you’re confident to do a little bit of DIY television repair:
Half images are usually caused by problems with your plasma TV’s solder joint. This issue causes dead pixels as well. To finally put an end to this issue, here are some steps that you can follow:
These steps can help you remedy the existing problem, but if you feel that you are not confident enough to perform the following troubleshooting steps, it would be best to read more about the issue. There are available resources online with regard to fixing your Panasonic Plasma TV. Remember, if you are still experiencing the same issue, check your Panasonic TV’s warranty if it’s still covered or not. You can also call the customer service hotline for more troubleshooting tips. Make sure to inform the agent about the things that you have done to fix your Panasonic Plasma TV.
- Open your plasma TV. Carefully pop open your Panasonic plasma TV and check the connections if everything is properly attached. Most importantly, check if the solder joint connections are okay. Stay away from the capacitor because it may cause more problems if you accidentally touch it.
- Re-solder the joints. If the solder joint is not properly connected or is completely detached from the connector, it’s time to solder the joints back. Make sure that everything is connected and again, refrain from touching the capacitor to avoid it from creating any sparks, which can cause further damage to your Panasonic TV.
- Put your TV back properly. When you have finished soldering the joints, place the parts back carefully. Make sure no screw or part is misplaced or loose, any loose screw or parts can worsen your Panasonic TV’s condition and you may end up doing more repairs than you are supposed to.
- Tap your screen. If you have fixed the half image issue, and you are still experiencing pixel problems, lightly tap the part of the screen where you are seeing the issue.
- Calibrate your screen. To be able to completely solve the issue with regard to your screen’s display, calibrate your screen and make sure that the settings of your plasma TV are appropriately set.
- Check cable connection or plug. To avoid any issue concerning pictures or images, check your cable connection or satellite plug. This will also confirm if your TV is receiving signals from the satellite properly. You can unplug and plug the cable back into the primary video component which can be found at the back of your Panasonic Plasma TV.
Either way Tech 1 is a certified warranty agent for Panasonic TV’s so why not give us a call right now on 1300 899 953 and we’ll take care of your problem for you.